2011/12/12

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do. --Apple's "Think Different" commercial, 1997

Who is reading Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson? I bet there are millions of them in the world. President Gina Cheng of Grand Toastmaster Club has a copy in English on her shelf. President Shen, the tenant of my penthouse, has a copy in Chinese on the dinner table.

Like most people, I was curious about Steve Jobs who connected creativity with technology, who changed the world with his innovation, character, leadership, values. President Gina lent me her copy of Steve Jobs Thursday evening, December 7th. I leafed through the thick book of 630 pages during the weekend. I really admired Steve's courage to challenge, to lead, to be different. I believe Steve is working hard on innovating the Heaven with his creative and artistic genes right now.

Everyone has a reason to read Steve Jobs. President Gina bought her copy, she must be interested in the leadership of a CEO of the richest company in the world. President Shen bought his copy, he must be interested in the knowhows to get rich as he is a Taiwanese businessman flying back and forth between Taipei and Shanghai.

I read the book because I want to know how a giant was born, was brought up. I was interested in the natures and nutures of humanity. I read the book between lines to find out Steve's interpretation of staying hungry, staying foolish.

Being born in the same year as Steve Jobs, I have so much to learn to stay hungry, stay foolish. I'm lucky I'm in good health and I have a foolish and hungry journey in front of me.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...