2007/12/22

Big, Blonde and Beautiful

Life is layers of memories. As we move a step further into the future, we unveil a shade of the myth in our past. Like peeling an onion, we get to the core when our life comes to an end. If I hadn't played the role of Motormouth Maybelle in the Hairspray Musical at Division C X'mas Party this afternoon, I wouldn't have realized my deep root in Africa.

Queen Latifah played the role of Motormouth Maybelle in the movie of Hairspray 2007. She is big, blonde and beautiful, I want to copy her to the best of my ability. After I put on dark foundation, wore a blonde wig, walked on stage, surprisingly I should see my past on wide and open savanna. The fortuneteller was right, I was an African female runner in my previous life. The long forgotten memory came back to me. I wish Albert Einstein could provide a reason for the transcendental connection to the past.

Then the good old days in New Orleans flashed back to me. I was suddenly enlightened why I chose to study at the Graduate School of University of Louisiana Medial Center. I ruminated the Creole cuisine at the French Quarter. I heard the jazz on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. The Blue echoed in my ears and tears flooded in my eyes.

The older I get, the more I enjoy the stage. The collective energy from the audience uplift my spirit to a new level high. The emotions on stage always transcend me to another unknown world once I was familiar with. I feel recharged after each performance on stage. The Hairspray gave me a key to know more of my past. The dark skin is the first chapter of another huge book waiting for me to uncover. I shall keep on reading, traveling and running, one day in Africa in person, for sure! Groovy, Baby, Groovy!

Life is but a play, one act after another. While I thought I could put on a few pounds to become a real sweet chocolate girl after Division C X'mas party, I saw Tina Turner Live on TV, when I got home. After I poured myself a glass of Bourbon on the rock, I sat on the couch and watched Tina's body languages. I was totally mesmerized by her voice, movement, and beauty in early 70's. The Rock Diva of All was tall and thin and powerful. I watched her show with my eyes opened wide till midnight. I found a new role model to emulate. In my dream, I became tall, blonde and beautiful Iman Abdulmajid on the runway and I saw David Bowie waiting for me at the far end.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...