2007/06/11

Greetings from a Silvery Admirer

It's my honor to be invited by Sherry Li to write something, or better yet, just about anything for our girls.

Although I insist that I'm still silver, reluctant to cross the crucial line of golden gate yet, but deep inside my heart, I know, I already belong to the most treasured group in this society, that is, "balanced women". We love ourselves more than anything in the world, we know the reasons for everything we do, but, after all, do we really need a reason for things we do, we love and we practice? I doubt it.

From clogging to jazz to belly dance to reading club, you name it, and there will be many more to come.

As for myself, I focused my too many interests down to photography in the last 3 years, but it was only until last month, May, that I took my very first basic photography class in 2 different organizations. Aside from light, focus, composition, lenses and tripod, what interests me the most is the mindset of different teachers. While some of them always implant the idea and technique of how to play up to the taste of the judges in a contest, my other teacher in 2nd school just uses some simple guide and techniques to help us think, develop our internal photographic eye. In consequences, I won't miss any single class of this Teacher Liu, it's like you've finally found your Mr. Right, in my case, the right teacher. I enjoy both classes because there are lots of worthy observations and materials to feed my busy brain and they all serve to be the inspirations for my future speeches.

And guess what, 6 Toastmasters are in the same class! Margaret Lee, Petra Shih, Mary and Henry, Frankie Yi and me. Another golden proof that TMC is just The Beginning, it opens so many doors and windows for you.

In the June meeting it was very interesting for me to know the "true face" of each lady. Yes, skin care is essential for every woman and man, more important than those fancy colors added to it. What I'm looking for is the "mechanism" of how a product line works for my skin from the deepest layer upwards. The mechanism that is smart enough to suppress the very first melanin in it's developing stage and deal with it to prevent it from ripen to a hated mark on surface. Or other product lines that renews my cell, smooth my first fine wrinkles without the slightest damage. I've found it and if the mechanism is right, you have nothing to worry about. Just go for it and enjoy being a beautiful shiny lady, embracing many admiration from friends and strangers.

In the same spirit, I know that we TMs are on the right track with the right mechanism. We face our weakness and strength, armed with the right technique, our fruity reward is the endless support and friendship from fellow TMs, not to mention the many activities that pave a way out for our talents and long-forgotten passion. Looking forward to join you girls again, no matter what it is. Have a nice week, see you around.
Virginia Lee, Legacy Toastmasters Club

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Virginia for your kind contribution to our blog. I hope you can contribute more of your inspiring insights as time goes.

When will we be invited to you debut photo exhibition? If you need a golden lady model, let me be IT. I can put on bikinis, evening gowns, even be nude in my mask if there is a call.

President Kanai Rikuko and I were born on the same day. If you could make it to Kyoto in October, three libras born on the same day must have a snapshot together. Simply amazing, isn't it?

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...