2007/05/04

6 Golden Fairies

Look the picture! What pretty and colorful fairies we are!

Life needs stage to be performed. In Toastmasters, you have stage not only to practice speaking in public, but also to entertain audience and yourself in public. Who made the stage for the 6 fairies this time? It's the whole party working team!

Tenth anniversary is a big milestone to Legacy Toastmasters Club to celebrate this special event, I have invited other 5 golden girls from clubs to perform clogging dance in the party. They are, from right to left, Sherry Li from Grand, Kate Hsu from Prestige, Irene Chen from Formosa, (David Brooks, 1990 World Champion of Public Speaking), Trini Ding from China, me myself from Legacy and Lydia from YMIC.

The music of "Eyes like Yours" we selected is with kind of Middle East style. So the costume is better to be alike belly dancer's. The biggest challenge came to we golden girls is not the clogging dance, but the costume. From the title of belly dance, the dancer should make the belly bared. It is sexy for young girls to bare the belly, but not for we golden mothers. Surprisingly, after putting on the costume, the belly problem was only to me, not to other 5 fairies. You can see from the picture, except the 2nd left one, they are all with a beautiful and sexy belly. Can you believe it?

Before the show, I had been bothered by whether I can attend the party due to the board meeting of my company would be held in Vietnam on the same day. One month ago, when I knew that the meeting would be fallen on April 20th, I was so upset. After a few days, I just learned that the date of the meeting might be changed, I then was so happy for the news. After another few days, I was informed that the meeting would be held on April 20th as planed. I fell in a dilemma again. After discussing with my boss, I then assigned chiefs of every department to report for me in the meeting, so that I could slip away from Vietnam and run back Taipei at night of April 18th. The on and off mood made me experience a sauna. Finally, I could join this great show with other 5 fairies to play in the 10th anniversary of Legacy on April 20th. This is one of greatest memory in my life.

From the applause and positive comment from audiences, all effort and sweat we have spent are worth. In fact, once again, all the credit and merit should be attributed to the whole party team and other 5 fairies plus the dancing instructor, Jennie Wang, who had led us to practice clogging dance for more than 3 months.

I can't wait but look forward to another show to link up my dear fellow members together closely. Michelle

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...