2007/05/03

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Golden Ladies:

Happy Mother's Day to all you. I am sure you're are excited about the coming reading gathering this Saturday afternoon at Lydia's place, so am I. I've tried to read the April Issue from cover to cover. All articles are great. I'd like to share with you some of the sentences I like in particular. I shall use them in my future speeches.

"You can not teach an old dog new tricks!" "But you are not dogs. So you can learn new tricks!" View Point-Old Dogs and New Tricks by Johnny Uy, International President, Page 2. We are human beings, we need to learn new tricks to enrich our life, that's why I decide to join the clogging class from May.

"You will remember what you intend to say and your audience will remember what they heard!" For the Novice-5 Sure-Fire Tips for Great Speeches by Patricia Fripp, Page 6. From my personal experience, the audience will remember what they want to hear not what they heard. So I think tip 2 "who cares?" is the most important tip in a great speech.

Look before you leap in front of an audience by Dan Naden, Page 8. Indeed we need to think about what our audience wants, what our customer needs are and meet them.

"It is not about the technology, but what the technology can do for you." "Steve Jobs does not sell bits of metal, he sells an experience, he sells the benefit" Profile-Wow 'Em Like Steve Jobs, by Carmine Gallo, Page 14.

As I need to take care of an important customer from Viet-nam in two weeks, I need to go back to my home town in the middle of Taiwan this weekend to celebrate Mother's Day. Like most middle-aged women, I am caught between family and career, work and play, senior and junior generations from time to time. I treasure the Toastmaster Magazine reading moment we have together, but I also need to stay with my mother on the special day.

I thank Lydia and Harry for arranging dinner and reading gathering in May. I am sure you will have a great time. Even thought I can't join you ladies in person, my heart will be with you. Have fun and take many pictures. Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read Linda's article in May. Firstly, she is going to put on the clogging shoes to dance with us. Secondly, she has done the reading of April issue, even though she couldn't make it to our gathering this weekend due to the last minute notice.

In my opinion, reading the magazine is just as important as reading gathering. We won't benefit from reading gathering without proper preparation in advance. We never know when we might be caught up with family chores or overtime work. We can use the blog to share the feelings about Toastmasters magazine with people around the world.

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...