2015/03/19

The World At TMU

Dr. Val Crawford gave me a copy of "The World at TMU—International Students Share Their Stories" after my visit to TMU International Office yesterday afternoon, March 19th.

I met Val at TMC TMC meeting Wednesday evening, March 14th. She gave me valuable suggestions after she listened to my international speech "Seven Minutes and Thirty Seconds". I wrote her a thank-you email after I got home and Val invited me for lunch at TMU the following week.

I rode my scooter to TMU and found a parking space right in front of the hospital. I saw Val waiting for me at the Starbucks Café. She gave me a hug and a caramel waffle. Wow, sweet Val, I love sweets. Val suggested her fluent Café Chuang (since 1986) and I didn' t mind trying new restaurants. It felt good to reconnected with TMU campus after almost four decades.

TMU has grown a lot, it is like a small university town. The old clock has been relocated. I had the sense of homecoming when I saw the clock. I could remember good old times at various cafeterias on Wu-xin Street corners. I won the nickname of hippopotanous (I weighed 70 kilograms). It wouldn’t be hard to imagine how much I enjoyed eating back then.

It was fun to read The World at TMU 2014. I knew some of them as Toastmasters. I noticed that they were quite a few internaqtional students from Mongolia. Most international students are relustant to join Toastmasters because of the membership fees. Maybe a gavel club can solve the problem.


No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...