2014/05/21

Fight or Flight

Be it chilly and rainy on the street, we shared our thoughts about the challenge of the big data from Helen Lin and the threat of unprecedented rampage killing incidence in Taipei from Yoland Wu! Everybody was in a great shock about the college student manic who killed 4 and wounded 20+ passengers on MRT this afternoon, May 21st.

In this rapid changing word, we are obliged to hone our skills to help others to help ourselves. From now on, when I take MRT, I shall get near the alarm. Just in case of emergency, I can save as many people as possible. In stead of flight, I choose fight. I shall use my bag to protect myself to fight the killer (maybe, to save the killer, too).

It was the night Immediate Past President May Hwang nominated incoming club officers at Grand Toastmasters Club. Before the meeting, I prepared 18 slides of Revitalized Education Program (REP) Update and uploaded them on Picasa and urged club members to study them in advance to know their duties in the coming year. While Toastmasters International is facing new challenges to revitalize the education program, it's important that club officers get the firsthand information from the headquarters.

During my 10 minutes talk, I tried to mimic the Webinar scenario and asked the members to see the 18 slides on their smart phones while I delivered my update. Without me standing in front using the powerpoint presentation, it was a new experience for me and for Granders.

After a quick glance at the REP Update for 5 minutes and Q&A for 5 minutes, I believe members are as excited about the REP as me, especially incoming EVP and MVP, who will be invited to join beta test in early 2015! I hope that incoming club officers of Grand Toastmasters Club cherish the revitalized education program by participating in the beta test with eager and passion.

Let's embrace the big changes in the education program and excel ourselves in communication and leadership skills in the biggest non-profit educational organization of Toastmasters where leaders are made!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...