2014/05/07

Revitalized Education Program (REP) Update in May

Without hesitation, I signed up the first session* of REP Update - May 2014 Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT (Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Taipei Time), the moment I received the invitation from the headquarters of Toastmasters International.

Without any knowledge and experience of Webinar, I feel excited to get connected to headquarters sitting in front of my desktop in Taipei, to understand the update of revitalized education program through a video conferencing software provided by Citrix Online. Now I need to know more about Webinar before Thursday morning, May 15th.

Webinar, short for Web-based seminar, is a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that is transmitted over the Web using video conferencing software. A key feature of a Webinar is its interactive elements -- the ability to give, receive and discuss information. Contrast with Webcast, in which the data transmission is one way and does not allow interaction between the presenter and the audience.

Just imagine, Toastmasters from all over the world could participate in a cyber meeting without leaving home. Isn't it exciting to enjoy the revitalized education program with a group of toastmasters ( I wonder how many District 67 Officers would be at the first session?) from all walks of life, all corners of the world in different time zones?

* First Session  Wednesday, May 14, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM (PDT)
   Second Session Thursday, May 15, 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM (PDT)
   Third Session Friday, May 16, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (PDT)


PS: I almost gave up the REP Update in May, because the system Window 2000 of my desktop couldn't support Webinar powered by Citrix Online. I had to cancel my registration at the last minute Wednesday evening, May 14th. But, my husband didn't give up. He got up early to set up Window XP on my laptop Thursday morning, May 15th, just in time for me to participate in  the first session of REP Update with success. The one hour REP Update conducted by Sally Newell Cohen, Chief Operations Officer, Toastmasters International, was very informative and exciting.

During the REP Update in May, there was only presentation transmitted over the Web. There was no interactive discussion between the presenter and the audience. I didn't know why, maybe there were some technical problems! While the headquarters is yet to decide which video conferencing software will be used for Webinar! I look forward to more interactive Webinar REP Updates in the near future!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...