2014/05/04

The Visionary Leader

Toastmaster Jimmy Wu wished to share his investment experiences in the US stock market with Granders only. Gina opened her cozy apartment for the gathering today, May 4th, entertain 14 members from Grand. The lunch menu included fresh fruits juice, chicken soup with pineapple and bitter melon.

Before Jimmy Wu's workshop, I used to watch cnYES from time to time. From now on, I shall include CNBC, Bloomberg, Seeking Alpha as my favorite websites to poke my nose in a new gold mine in the US stock market. Hopefully, I could be as successful as Jimmy Wu in financial investment one day!


Ian left before lunch to join the Marathon in the EAST at 6PM. Gina prepared a super rich lunch box for him to enjoy on the train. Star and Maureen left immediately after lunch to celebrate Mother's Day with their families! I love the homemade chocolate cookies Maureen brought to the gathering today. Yummy~

After lunch, I gave a presentation on the Leadership Excellence Series -- The Visionary Leader, with an aim to get my ALS (Advanced Leader Silver) after I complete my term as Area H1 Governor 2013-2014. The reason why I choose the visionary leader, the first topic of the Leadership Excellence Series, is to address the subject of leadership for members to become successful leaders inside and outside of Toastmasters.

In toastmasters, after a member gets CC and CL awards and serves as the club officer for six months, he or she can receive ALB award by conducting any two presentations from The Successful Club Series and/or The Leadership Excellence Series. I'm eager to apply for my CL, ALB in July 2014.

In the visionary leader, I talked about how leaders create and communicate a vision for their organization to help it be successful. Being Area H1 governor, I am happy to lead my area to become the first President distinguished area in District 67. It is my firm belief that a club with a vision is a club of inspiration and aspiration! Grand is about to celebrate the 40th anniversary. Let's come up a vision for Grand Toastmasters Club.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...