2014/01/07

Journey of the Ducks

I was feeling excited the night before my encounter with the giant rubber duck in Keelung harbor Tuesday morning, January 7th. Like a preschool kid, I thought about what to wear, what to say, when I saw the dream duck.

It was a blissful duck journey. I took Bus 1550 near Daan Park at 9:50, arrived at the Keeling Harbor at 10:30. I shouted when I saw the rubber duck in the sun. If possible, I would dive into the harbor to touch the duck. It was the scenario of my childhood playing with a rubber duck in the bath tub.

I took the Keelung harbor boat tour in the afternoon. It was the first time I saw the beautiful Keelung harbor. I met many tourist on boat, including those from the US. Then I learned about the journey of the ducks, the ocean container liner wreck with 29 thousands ducks in January 1992, survived in the ocean tide.

Many thanks to Florentijn Hofman, a Dutch artist based out of Rotterdam, who takes the iconic rubber duck (that children around the world can identify), and takes it to a massive scale.

I can't agree with Hofman no more that, "The Rubber Duck knows no frontiers, it doesn’t discriminate people and doesn’t have a political connotation. The friendly, floating Rubber Duck has healing properties: it can relieve mondial tensions as well as define them. The rubber duck is soft, friendly and suitable for all ages!"

How can a giant inflatable rubber duck not brighten one’s day? It’s big, happy and awesome! I love the giant rubber duck!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...