2012/02/23

JYT’s Home

Toastmaster Trini Ding's major was Spanish in college, she named her recently jointly established HOME with Toastmaster Jo Shih, JYT's Home—Jo y Trini's Home. I liked their lounge very much, a perfect place for my flamenco performance to add the frantic and passionate southern European atmosphere to the cozy little Spanish home at the center of downtown Taipei.

It was the first time I visited JYT's Home, to attend China Toastmasters Club's meeting this evening. I arrived at 6PM, one hour earlier to practice singing with my walky Kara. Jo brought two sexy batik costumes for me to try on. I didn't hesitate to put the more bling bling and transparent one on me. When IPDG Mike Yang walked in, he asked me "what is the occasion?" I guess I must have looked too dressy for a regular Toastmasters meeting.

I was at JYT's Home for three reasons, to visit JYT's Home for the first time, to pay a visit to a friend Toastmasters club's meeting once a while, and to support my long time French teacher for his keynote speech on Tour in France at China Toastmasters Club. I hope one day he can lead a Toastmasters group tour to visit France. I shall be the first one to sign up. During the intermission, I was thrilled to be called upon to sing Happy Birthday song in French for four birthday stars in January and February with my bling bling batik costume in the name of a birthay party!

The huge distinctive birthday cake was a homemade Apple Pie by Jo. Inside the pie, there were many big chunks of apple sautéed with cinnamon. They were simply yummy. The crust outside and on the top was thick and crispy. It was the best apple pie I'd ever had in my life. Jo made it extra delicious because she was one of the birthday stars!

After the Toastmasters meeting, I hang around with Jo y Trini until 10:30PM. We chatted merrily about the management and prospective of JYT's Home in the future. In my opinion, JYT's Home is the place of choice for educational, entertaining, and social functions.

JYT's Home provides a convenient show room for artists to present their master pieces of works. JYT's Home offers a lovely lounge for performing artists to give a fashion show, a recital, or a chamber concert. JYT's Home is the stage for Toastmasters to stand tall and to speak up. I've booked JYT's Home for the countdown party on New Year Eve 2013. Everyone in town is cordially invited!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...