2011/03/04

Soar Up In Spring--D67 Spring Conference 2011 in Taipei

Among Toastmasters in District 67, Caroline Kiang is for sure one of the busiest members these days. Not only is she in charge of the opening ceremony of D67 Spring Conference 2011, she also shoulders the full responsibility to organize the gala conference party.

Toastmaster Caroline Kiang is very experienced in huge party scheme. For the past three decades she has been actively in organizing big scale parties for the overseas Chinese in Chicago. Her organizing team in D67 is arranging a very gorgeous thematic program for the D67 Spring conference participants to enjoy the delicate, magnificent and beautiful programs of the D67 Spring Conference 2011.

Toastmaster Caroline came to my pharmacy to discuss the proceedings of the Conference party Friday noon, March 4th, before her departure for Istanbul the following day. I felt very honored to be able to work with her to form a big singing group to open the Conference Party Saturday evening, April 23rd.

In order to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Republic of China, all Toastmasters in District 67 are excited about the unprecedented D67 Spring Conference in Taipei in April. We shall put on our best shoes to show our joy and excitement at the International Conference Hall of the China Petroleum Company Headquarters Building to welcome Toastmasters fellows and friends from the whole island and from all over the world.
The opening singing group of 100 are composed Toastmasters members from D67 female vocals and supporting singers from Hsin-tien Women Chorus. We shall sing two songs, "Taiwan Folk Song Potpouri" and "In the Sky of Tapei"! Welcome to join us!

原住民組曲 (Taiwan Folk Song Potpouri)

娜魯灣伊呀娜魯灣 娜魯灣伊呀娜魯灣
高高的山 有我的愛 熊熊的火 是我的情
天上星 是愛人的心 我要去追尋

相愛的手 要拉得緊 不變的情像旭日升
愛人心 是天上的星 陪伴小浮萍

高山青 澗水藍 阿里山的姑娘美如水呀 阿里山的少年壯如山…
阿………啊……… 阿里山的姑娘美如水呀 阿里山的少年壯如山…
高山常青 澗水常藍 姑娘和那少年永不分呀 碧水長圍著青山轉

台北的天空 (In The Sky of Taipei)

風好像倦了 雲好像累了 這世界再沒有屬於自己的夢想
我走過青春 我失落年少 如今我又再回到思念的地方

※台北的天空 有我年輕的笑容 還有我們休息和共享的角落
 台北的天空 常在你我的心中 多少風雨的歲月我只願和你度過……※

風也曾溫暖 雨也曾輕柔 這世界又好像充滿熟悉的陽光
我走過異鄉 我走過滄桑 如今我又再回到自己的地方

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Sherry

Thank you for the nice note, I just learned that you have your own blog.
Can you teach me how to do it?
I can post my 36 speeches draft and my oil paintings on it.
Thank you for your BIG help at the Spring Convention for TM club (ROC).
We will going to have a splash.
Yours,
Caroline

Sherry Li 李向慈 said...

Dear Caroline,

Welcome to Blogger! I look forward to reading your 36 speeches and enjoying your oil paintings!

Cheers,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Hi, sherry,

I was seraching an image for the "soar-up your spring", then you and Carolin pictures just pop up.

After reading your "post", I think
I would be very sorry for not able to attend the "soar-up your spring"
I wish I could join this event
held in 100th anneversity of ROC

Now, I am studying in USA for a master degree of "education". In a one year time, all courses could be finished. I am living in a small city in Louisiana. It's a wonderful experience for studying aboard at my "current age" (although toastmasers are all admire my "courage")
Caroline must be dead busy now. I solute her.

love
Echo Yen
Echo Yen
from Louisiana of USA

Sherry Li 李向慈 said...

Hi Echo,

Wow! What an achievement you made! What a joyful life you led! I used to live in New Orleans for four years while studying at LSU Medical Center in New Orleans. It was in the late 70's. I missed the good old days strolling around the French Quarter in the weekends.

Thanks for your sweet message,
Sherry

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...