2011/03/14

i-house 10th Reunion

Time flies. It has been ten years since I served as the Charter President of Kyoto Toastmasters Club in 2001. The 10th anniversary of Kyoto Toastmasters Club will be held at the Kyoto International Community House Friday evening, April 29th. For more information, please contact Kyoko Kitamura, President of Kyoto Toastmasters Club.

Federica Giusto came to Taipei for the first time Wednesday evening evening, March 9th. She and I celebrated a small i-house 10th reunion to reminisce the good old days when we were exchange students at Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto. We lived on the ground floor of the i-house (International House) of Ritsumeikan for six months together.

Federica is my sweet Italian neighbor. She changes my life. In the morning, she makes Italian coffee for me, and in the evening, I invite her for Chinese dinner. I falls in love with Italy every after. In the past ten years, I visited Italy twice to study the language, to attend Toastmasters meetings in Milan, and to know the hitory, culture and fashion of Italy.

Both times I was in Italy, I was well received by Federica. I visited Federica's parents, I visited Federica's aunt in Naples. I'm grateful that Federica made her decision to come to see me in Taipei at last!

When Federica was in town for six days, I missed the stations twice on MRT. I was so excited to talk and talk and talk, and I forgot to get off at the right stations. In the end, we had to take the MRT back to the destinations. When I saw Federica off at Taipei bus station Monday morning, March 14th, we concluded that we didn't change in the past ten years.

Federica told me that she would embark upon a new life journey after she returns to Liverpool. I wish her all the luck and best! Sayonara, Federica, Ganbare!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...