2011/02/12

Woolloomooloo

Woolloomooloo! That's the name of the restaurant golden ladies had brunch for the Spring Wine Party 2011 today.

When Pamela suggested we have brunch at Woolloomooloo Cafe', I went on line to seach for the origin of the name. As I had expected, the word had something to do with the aboriginal tribe. No wander when I first saw the word, I felt like dancing on my feet!

The moment golden ladies sat down at the table of Woolloomooloo, Toastmaster Kate Hsu in her auspicious red sweater gave every golden lady a cute dangling stone turtle as the souvenirs of her trip in Vietnam during the Chinese New Year. She took the opportunity to wish every golden lady a longevity and a great fortune at the beginning of the Year of the Rabbit.

Kate also lent me the book of The Skull and the Golden Cangue about Wei Hai-min. In return, I gave her a newly published book in January this year. A Rulebook for Arguments by Anthony Weston was translated by the classmates of the Graduate Institute of Translation and Interpreation of National Normal University ten years ago. At last, it got published!

The Spring Wine Party 2011 was special. Everything was back to the basic, from the Austrian simplism interior design, to the plate of tepid food, it was a brunch party without sparkling wine and without hot coffee. We didn't read any article in the Toastmaster Magazine January issue, either. Every golden lady was in a hurry to go home in the cold weather.

As I was not in a hurry to take care the family chores, I took it easy, drank a cup of hot latte by myself at a warm coffeehouse at Taipei Arena on my way back home. I couldn't wait to read the book about the Renowned Peking Opera Diva Wei Hai-min. And I finished reading it in two hours this afternoon. It made my day!

The Skull and the Golden Cangue is Wei Hai-min's personal reflections upon her roles in "Orlando" directed by Robert Wilson and "the Golden Cangue" written by Eileen Chang. I saw Wei's both shows at the National Theater with Kate. I found the book very inspring, to the performing artists on stage, like you and me, the Toastmasters.

Being a loyal fan of Wei Hai-min, Kate never misses any show of the Diva. Because of Kate, golden ladies knew the Diva and became more interested in the Peking Opera. Many thanks go to Kate, we shall be able to see the unprecedented show of Diva Wei with Mei Lanfang's son on stage together at the National Theater in May, of course with Kate and golden ladies.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...