2009/11/06

Blissfulness in front of Eyes

心事數莖白髮,生涯一片青山。空林有雪相待,古道無人獨還。 張繼 歸山 

Lydia was very kind to invite me to her mansion to practice the alto part of "Amazing Grace". She sang the holy spirit song at Toastmaster David Chen's funeral with more than a dozen Toastmasters last July.

Upon the invitation of D76 Toastmasters, D67 chorus would sing "Amazing Grace" at D67 Fallcon Dinner Party in honor of Keynote Speaker Dana Lamon, DTM, the World Champion of Public Speaking in 1992. Lamon says, "when I was four years old, an event occurred that changed my life. I became blind. But I didn't choose to live a life in self pity or self imposed limitations, because I understood that this life is the only one I have and I've got to make the best of it."

As much inspired by Dana Lamon, Lydia and I practiced singing hard nonstop for two hours. Being a member of YMCA Oratorio Choir for more than two years, Lydia gave me a lot of singing advice. I found myself become a better singer each day. After the morning singing practice, Lydia and I decided to reward ourselves with a good lunch at Hotel Westin. To our surprise, Westin was packed with patrons today.

At half past one, we finally got a seat at Gion Restaurant. We were told there was a special autumn campaign now, spend NT$1,000 and get a coupon of NT$500. Our shopping spree nerves were immediately tickled and we ordered two mini full course of luncheon at NT$1,480 per person. The food was superb, the ambience was serene, with a touch of Gion atmosphere. We also ordered an extra cup of hot coffee to complement our meal. What a luxurious day at Westin on Lydia's scorpion birthday.

It was after three when we drove out of Westin. On our way back to Lydia's place, we saw many purple trumpet flowers blooming on the wall and fence in the sun. It was too beautiful to miss, we got of the car, took a bunch of photos before we ran for family chores on separate ways.

When I got home, I noticed for the first time that the purple trumpet flowers also bloomed at the back veranda of my apartment! Wow, what an afternoon! I see the blissfulness right in front of my every eyes!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...