2009/11/04

A Diva Was Born

I stood tall and soloed O Sole Mio with all my strength in front of D67 chorus members before we ended the 6th chorus lesson this evening! What a rewarding singing night when Conductor Chi-ling complimented me by saying, "Sherry, you sang like an Italian!"

At 6:30PM, I rang the bell of Conductor Chi-ling's studio, I was the first member to arrive, Pianist Yi-hwa was there. I grabbed the once-in-a-lifetime chance to attempt O Sole Mio, I could memorize the song by heart. No sooner than later, Yi-hwa played the piano, I uttered the first word "Che" courageously, continued the first half of the famous Italian folk song with joy, but when it came to "Ma", the highest key of the entire song, I choked up and had to do it again. After I completed the whole song, Conductor Chi-ling joked, "Sherry, you sang like a Taiwanese!"

At seven o'clock, we started the 6th chorus lesson on time, but more than half of the chorus members were absent. Lucky George was the only male vocal this evening. Conductor Chi-ling decided to coach each chorus member the vocal skills. It was an unexpected vocal lesson. Every member was called upon to voice out and Conductor Chi-ling gave each chorus member specific directions for personal improvement.

Soprano: Jorie Wu, Green Chen
Alto: Marian Hsiao, Maggie Chiu, Lydia Lin, Sherry Li
Bass: George Yen


Singing is like speaking, we use our body as an organ, if not more. It's more than obvious that we won't sing unless we exercise our organ as often as possible. There is no short cut to master any skills. If we do not hone vocal skills on daily basis, our organ won't function the way we wish. I'm determined to practice singing everyday either with a group or by myself. "Singing for Fun" is my new motto!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...