2009/03/04

Like a Champion

I enjoy reading. And I have a dream that all golden ladies toastmasters enjoy reading as much as I do. Among us, reading monthly Toastmaster magazine in English is a pleasant pass time for all, but writing a feedback in English is another story.

Being senior toastmasters, some golden ladies take writing in English a threat. Maybe they have high expectations of themselves. They wish they could write like Jane Austen, Virginia Woolf, JK Rowling. Me, on the contrary, I don't mind making mistakes, I don't mind writing in Chinglish. I'm not a native speaker of English, anyway. But the more I attemp writing in English, the more I enjoy writing, reading, thinking, speaking, acting in my acquired language--English.

Our mind is a fountain of thoughts. As soon as we turn on the faucet, the water flows in the pipeline and produces beautiful splash in the air. In the sun, we see our thoughts turn into colorful rainbow droplets. At night, our thoughts dance with neon lights. While our thoughts transform into love stories on papers, they touch upon others. We write, therefore our thoughts perpetuate.

District 67 tabletopics and speech contests 2009 will soon be held in Kao-hsiung in April. As usual, I jump at every chance to hone my communication skills in English in public. Hopefully I can excel at the Grand Toastmasters Club's in-house speech contest tomorrow evening, succeed at the following area and division speech contests, and make it to the district level eventually. I'd love to have golden ladies as rivals as well as my cheerleaders.

It's been full of excitements for me to prepare for district 67 speech contest for the past few months, finding the right speech topic, designing the proper costume and stage, selecting the impressive music and props. Now I'm all ready to share the fruit of my thoughts in the most theatrical way like a champion of my own.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...