2009/02/21

Peter WEE in Town

Three golden ladies, Trini, Irene, and I joined the clogging workshop with Instructor Peter Wee from Melbourne, Australia this afternoon. From 2:30 till 5:30, we learned five clogging dances, including "Bad Moon Rising", "Cherokee Boogie", "Sold", "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" and "All That Jazz". I felt the total sweat of Peter standing next to me for a group photo at the end of the workshop. No wonder Peter is slim and fit.

Even most cloggers are women in Taipei, I believe men can make better cloggers than women. Peter is certainly one of the happy male cloggers. He is full of physical strength and joyful enthusiasm. Peter started clogging in year 2000 when he permanently migrated to Australia. Since 2004 he started to assist Chery (Leader of Bayside Clogging Club) in teaching, where he has been carefully guided to become an advanced clogger and cuer.

During the workshop, I learned the "COWBOY" steps in Australian way, DS DS DS BR(XIF)DS RS(XIF) RS(XIF) RS(XIF), with hands clapping once at BR(XIF) and twice at the last RS(XIF). I also learned many new clogging steps, Slapback, Heel turn, Triple bell, Evita in "Don't Cry for me Argentina".

After the workshop, I was thrilled to have Peter's signature on the workshop syllabus at the dinner party. Peter wrote, "Dear Sherry, keep clogging, keep moving, & keep smiling! ^-^ Peter 21/2/2009" I hope in the future there will be many workshops by advanced cloggers and cuers from abroad. And I hope I can visit Australia Clogging Association Annual Convention in Melbourne, in September, 2010.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...