2009/02/05

Haste makes Waste

It was the second time I lost my handbag placed on the front floor of my scooter. It was rainy and chilly after Grand Toastmasters Club's first meeting after Chinese New Year. I didn't stay around for the second party, because I was in a hurry to get home to get prepared for the performance at the nursing home tomorrow morning.

Fifteen years ago, I just came back from France. I was in a hurry to go to my French class at noon, and I placed the Mondi Black Leather Handbag on the front floor of the scooter without having it secured. By the time, I arrived at the language school, my new handbag was gone. I rushed all the way back to trace it in vain. And I missed my French class consequently. Two weeks later, I was lucky to find my wallet with IDs in the mailbox. The fashion handbag was gone, so was my cash.

This evening, I gave No. 5 speech of the basic manual on "Lessons for Women". I brought all the embroidery works I did during the Chinese New Year Holidays to demonstrate the proper conduct for women in old China. After the meeting, I placed them in a Toastmasters Totebag along with a few books on embroidery I borrowed from Hsin-tien Library on the front floor of the scooter. On my way home, before I noticed it, the totebag was long gone.

I rushed all the way back to trace my totebang from Jin-mei to Kung-kuan in the wrong traffic direction (dangerous indeed), then to the meeting venue in vain. I'm not sure if I would be as lucky as before to get the "contents" back. Nobody would know how to reach me, no IDs whatsoever in the bag, except the borrowed books from Hsin-tien Library and my turned off mobile phone.

Being downcast for my careless deed, but not in despair, I'm ready to pay for the lesson. I wish the person who found my totebag could make the good use of the embroidery tools and continue my unfinished embroidery works. I learned the lessons for women and I leaned a big lesson for myself. We can't be too careful!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...