2009/03/05

First Runner-up

At five o'clock in the afternoon, I was still working on my prepared speech. It's a monologue featuring Don Quixote with his impossible dream 500 years ago and me with my impossible dream at present. It is about my dream of being a supermodel dressing in bikinis on the catwalk in Paris at the end of 2009.

Before seven in the morning, my husband woke me up and I jumped out of bed instantly. It was the first time for me to see the cherry blossom of Yoshinozakura at Ten-yuan Taoist Temple in Tamsui. I was excited! Trini Ding from China Toastmasters Club drove us me from Shilin to Tenyuan Temple. It was nine thirty when we saw the huge five stories tower surrounded with big cheery trees in full bloom.

Trini brought a huge box of fresh fruits and Sophia Chen from Grand Toastmasters Club brought the black tea, we were lucky to find a pleasant place eating, chatting, laughing and taking photos under the cherry treeson on such a great sunny morning. I forgot about my speech, I forgot about Don Quixote!

I was the second to arrive at Grand Toastmasters Club's meeting venue, five forty-five to be exact. Sophia arrived earlier to help me rehearse my monologue with the set, prop, and lighting at the lobby. I tried on three wigs to choose the best one for the first act. There are three acts in the monologue of seven minutes. First Act, I daydreamt about being a supermodel; Second Act, I fought in the field to become a supermodel; Third Act, I attempted to reach the unreachable star with my last ounce of courage.

I'm grateful to many members who helped me upon my last minute request. Helen Lin helped me with the powerpoint & music; Sophia Chen with costume, hair, and stage; Oscar Lien with the lighting. Thank you all for helping me place the 1st runner-up at Grand's in-house speech contest.

And now I'm all ready to compete at Area H1 speech contest Saturday, March 21st. It'll be another magnificent interpretation of the impossible dream of Don Quixohe de la Mancha of Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra in 1605. Come see me in my supermodel spring fashion of 2009!

To dream ... the impossible dream ...
To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
...
To reach ... the unreachable star ...

2 comments:

trini said...

Dear Sherry,

It doesn't surprise us at all that you won. Wish you the best of luck all the way to the District Contest.

Trini

Sherry Li 李向慈 said...

Hi Trini,

Thank you for having confidence in me. I felt all the energy injected in me from the cherry blossom at Ten-yuan Temple with you and Sophia Thursday morning.

Your investment of time and love in me gives me the power to prove that I can fillfil my impossible dream Thursday evening.

At Area H1 speech contest in the coming two weeks, I shall put on another unexpected sexy spring dress to pave my way to the catwalk in Paris in year 2009.

Ciao Belle,
Sherry

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...