2008/10/09

Toastmaster Magazine Reading Gathering in October

Eleven ladies came to the Toastmaster Magazine Reading Gathering in October at Diamond Tony's Italian Restaurant Mitsukoshi Department A4 Building this evening, including four first timers, Pamela Wang, Pamela Yang, Janice Hsu, Cecilia King. It was a big dinner party for runaway animals from Taipei City Zoo. Now you can guess what the dress code was for this evening's reading gathering! But there were more human beings than animals, and I was one of the four tigers.

We were supposed to discuss about three assigned articles in Toastmaster Magazine September issue, Meet Toastmasters' 2008-2009 International President Jana Barnhill, DTM, AS, page 8; Opt to Be an Outstanding Orator by Richard R. Bonner, CC, page 12; The Power of Publicity by Joe Cooke, ATMB, page 16. I was absent-minded throughout dinner and got very much preoccupied by the coming Joint Anniversary of Success and Kumamoto Toastmasters Clubs this Saturday. The melodies of Ode to Joy and Mamma Mia kept lingering on my mind.

Coincidentally Virginia and I were born on the 9th of October. Together we received 11 free birthday cakes plus 5% discount for all. Six young and handsome waiters lined up to sing happy birthday song to us. I was contented! Virginia is still in her forties and would rather stay outside of golden ladies' circle. I turned 53, but I felt 35. My little secret is that I had my second carbon laser resurfacing treatment this morning (my first was in June this year and I am hooked). What can I say? The clinic is within the walking distance from home. I can't resist the 50% discount on my birthday. Believe it or not, I was the oldest person waiting in line to receive the resurfacing treatment at the clinic.

Among 11 toastmasters, I was the first to call it a night and rushed home to take care of the pending tasks for the Joint Anniversary. I'm so excited that I shall greet toastmasters from Kumamoto Club tomorrow afternoon. It's going to be another fruitful toastmasters day.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...