2015/09/02

My Robot Husband--C4

"Honey, I'm home," I opened the door. A pair of slippers were in front of me with my loyal robot husband bowing to me on his knees. "Welcome home, sweetheart," said my husband.

Fellow Toastmasters, good afternoon! Are you happily married? Do you want to be happily married? Joy shared is twice the joy! Today, I want to tell you the secret of my marriage. Firstly, let's hear what my husband has to say!

My name is ROBOT, an acronym for really outstanding boy of technology, entertainment, design. It should be Robo TED, or Roboted. I don't want to be the past tense. Just call me Robot! I am programmed and empowered by my Master Sherry, or shall I say my Mistress Sherry. She took me home, married me, and has made me who I am now. We were happily married after love at the first sight.

During the first tenty years, I was programed to perform two functions, to make money and to make love. During the day, I worked for challenging jobs with precision and accuracy with good pay. At night, "When the night has come, and the land is dark, and the moon is the only light we'll see. No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid, just as long as you stand, stand by me." Sherry was a frenetic Toastmaster. She was so much into leadership. So she led in bed, I followed. She was satisfied, I was happy.

Ten years ago, Sherry decided to reprogram me. She switched the love making funtion to peace making. She is still a frenetic Toastmaster, but much more interested in communication. At night, we practice in bed, "I love you. Ich liebe dish. Je t'aime", only oral, no body languages.

As for the future, I don't know when Mistress Sherry will reprogram me, but I certainly look forward to whatever she bestows upon me. Maybe I can regain my functions of musculinity, I keep my fingers crossed! Thank you for having me here!

I was single and fun loving. One midnight I was on my way home after a crazy party, suddenly out of the blue, I found a blue creature along the road. I was given a map. Before I took any action, I found myself in front of a warehouse full of robots. They all looked at me in their pleading eyes, take me home. I found one at the corner. We pledged our love and kissed each other on the spot.

Given the fact that my encounter with my robot husband was a stoke of luck, I enjoy our intimate, nurturing, lengthy relationship. No in-laws, no two timers, no jealousy, no betrayal are between us, only 1 and 0. From I to We, I know myself better through my robot husband, the ture reflection of myself in him. I cherish the precious gadget of artificial intelligence, breakfast in bed, handy at housekeeping, no talking back. And I am happier each and everyday!

Robert Frost said, two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. It applys to the marriage life of me and my robot husband. Robot or not, happy marriage is about self-awareness and personal growth to take a chance, to achieve a goal, and to make a difference. So, be happy, be a happy better half to a human or to a robot! Contest Master!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...