2014/12/30

Light Cafe'

Many cozy coffee houses are at every corner of Taipei. They have mushroomed with the advent of i-phones, i-pod, i-what-so-ever. Drinking coffee has been a lifestyle for people around the globe for more than a decade. Young and old people gather at the coffee houses with WIFi to exchange information, to work as free lancers, and to experience the new chics in metropolitan Taipei.

The turnover of the coffee houses is fast, too. There are always new coffee houses waving at you and me. I am not a coffee aficionado. I can't tell the differences between a cup of coffee at the chain store or at a brand coffee specialty. But, in addition to reading and daydreaming at my veranda in the winter sun over a cup of instant coffee, I don't mind joining the crowd to explore an unexpected coffee house in the small valleys of Taipei.

When Jenny told me she would show me her favorite coffee house in Gongkuan Tuesday afternoon, I was full of expectations. After having Thai noodles for lunch, we searched for her dream coffee shop, only to find that it had moved to another place 3 months ago. Without a little disappointment, we walked into Light Cafe'. Oh my God, the place was packed with patrons. The food and drinks were appetizing. And the waiters were young and handsome. We were lucky!

While we were talking about our life plans. I decided to add another new year resolution in year 2015. I shall study Spanish again for several reasons, to learn flamenco in Andalusia in southern Spain; to learn Argentine tango in Buenos Aires; and to venture to Mexico with family and friends in LA.

When Jenny showed me the book she was reading, The Purpose Driven Life by Pastor Rick Warren, I told her that I also used the book for my workshop at District 76 Fall Conference 2014 in Tokyo. I talked about the 5Ps in language acquisition in Toastmasters, People, Programs, Practice, Passion, Purpose. I was grateful to Jenny that she shared her experience listening to Rick's sermon at the Saddleback Church Irvine. She was impressed and she couldn't mind going back again. I agreed with her about the power of Rick's sermons after I saw a few videoclips of Rick Warren on TED Talks. A life with a purpose is it, it's not about the affluence, not about the influence, but it is about the significance to give others what you acquire along the way.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...