2014/12/31

Farewell 2014

What could have been more rewarding at the end of an year than going to a hair salon to have hair set up before a joyful gathering with golden ladies at the Second Floor Restaurant at the newly opened NangKang City Link Wednesday afternoon, December 31st.

In year 2014, I didn't have my hair trimmed short, except at Taipei Fringe Festival 2014 at Daan Forest Park, to support a new fashion of hair style--Ear of Rice. I didn't mind to have my hair cut short only on the top of my head so long as I kept the rest intact. As far as I could remember, my hair has reached a new length in 2014. When I stood up and got ready to leave, an old lady at the hair salon gave me an admiring look about my sassy silky curly long hair. It felt blissful to walk into the unknown last day of year 2014 with a humble share of pride and complacence.

It was the first time I ventured to Nangkang City Link, three huge buildings (B1, B2, C1) connected to MRT, Taiwan Rail and High Speed Rail. After taking one hour ride of MRT from Xindian to Nangkang, I was not in a hurry to find the Second Floor in the huge labyrinth decorated with many avant-garde sculptures. I looked around to take photos. I knew it would take a long time before my come back.

Be it the last day of year 2014, it was still a working day in Taipei. To my surprise, restaurants were packed with patrons.No sign what-so-ever about the economic downturn in Taiwan could be smelled simply by looking at what people ordered for their lunches. The new apprentice waiter looked at me when I ordered a Second floor burger. He warned me that it was a huge burger, double layers with hamburger and bacon. I told him that I was starved to death, I could eat a horse.

When my burger came with a side dish of French fries, I attacked the food within a second. The volume was big, my stomach was stretched at least twice bigger, if not trice, as the usual size. I even gorged down a piece of pancake from Trini's All-in-One and a piece of French toast from Michelle's All-in-One. Oh my God, what an insatiable woman on the verge of 60 years of age.

At dinner, Jimmy made a table of dishes to celebrate the New Year Eve with Ruth, my husband and me. After going home and taking a shower, I called Jimmy that I decided not to see the firework of Taipei 101 as I was so sleepy that I would hit the sack at once. In bed, I felt my stomach cramps all night. My stomach kept me awake to warn me not to do it again on the New Year Eve of 2015.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...