2013/03/08

On Women’s Day

Let us become smart women!
三養→修養、涵養、保養; 三麗→美麗、能力、魅力; 三獨→思想獨立、能力獨立、經濟獨立

National Taiwan University (NTU) is famous for Azalea blossom in Spring. NTU Azalea Festival 2013 starts from the 1st and ends on the 31st of March.

On Women's Day, four golden ladies took a stroll on NTU campus, including Toastmaster Joy Chyr and her friends Wednesday morning. The azalea bushes were in full bloom, Red, pink, white, and a mixture of pink and white. In addition to beautiful and colorful azalea blossom, Bengal almond is a must see in Spring. Sitting under the shade of Bengal almond trees, we saw big red leaves kept on falling on the grass lawn. We picked up some as fans. Spring is coming!

Upon Joy's suggestion, we had lunch at Yumu Kitchen, a newly opened cafe' in the alleys of Hsin-sheng South Road. Yumu is owned by two poets, a Chinese Lady Long-ching from Hu-bei and a Taiwanese man from Hsin-chu. I liked the cozy cafe' with a mission to support performing artists to showcase their recent works. Before we left, Lady Long-ching gave us a book of poems of hers--"When the Snow blusters (有雪肆掠)" as a token of appreciation.

In the afternoon, I joined the Hsin-tien Women Chorus. We learned Mother O' Mine for the coming concert on Mother's Day in May! I found two poems as follows, one is written by Rudyard Kipling, the other is by Bill Parkinson. Both of them are simply touching!

Mother of Mine by Rudyard Kipling

If I were hanged on the highest hill, Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!
I know whose love would follow me still, Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

If I were drowned in the deepest sea, Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!
I know whose tears would come down to me, Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

If I were damned of body and soul, Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!  
I know whose prayers would make me whole, Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

Mother Of Mine composed by Bill Parkinson

Mother Of Mine, You Gave To Me, All Of My Life To Do As I Please,
I Owe Everything I Have To You, Mother, Sweet Mother Of Mine.

Mother Of Mine, When I Was Young, You Showed Me The Right Way Things Had To Be Done,
Without Your Love, Where Would I Be? Mother, Sweet Mother Of Mine.

Mother, You Gave Me Happiness, Much More Than Words Can Say,
I Pray The Lord That He May Bless You, Every Night And Every Day.

Mother Of Mine, Now I Am Grown, and I Can walk straight All On My Own,
I'd Like To Give You What You Gave To Me, Mother Sweet Mother Of Mine.


In the evening, Toastmaster Linda Chu, Kate Hsu and I joined the Friday evening concert at Grace Baptist Church. We listened to many popular songs by many famous composers, including George Gershwin, Puccini, Rossini, Mozart and Schubert. It was a great day of memories on Women's Day 2013.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...