2013/01/10

New Year Resolutions Rewrite

It's only the second week of year 2013. I need to rewrite my new year resolutions for the second time.

After I visited the Hakka Beiguan Band in Hsin-tien this morning, I had to reconsider my plan to join them. The band started the weekly practice from 8 o'clock in the morning. Before I arrived at the community center next to Carrefour Hsin-tien, I could hear the loud Hakka drum and wind instrument. It was a little too much for my ears in the early morning. After three hours observation, I had to give up the fancy ideas to join any bands at my age. I'd better practice piano at home when I'm free.

As for golden ladies Toastmasters movie gatherings, few goldies have shown their interests in the intensive weekly activity at Toastmaster Joy Chyr's living room so far. I shall see the attendance rate this weekend, hopefully a full house on the Laba Festival, a traditional Chinese holiday celebrated on the eighth day of the twelfth month of the lunar calendar.

No matter what, I need to either enrich  the movie gatherings to connect more Toastmasters and friends, or I need to reschedule the movie gatherings, not weekly, maybe biweekly or monthly! To be honest, I'd rather see movies at the movie theaters with better acoustic effects and bigger silver screens!

For radio drama gatherings at Aveda's Learning Kitchen with  Red Room Radio Redux group, I shall join expatriate talents in Taiwan as often as I can to read aloud to learn more English literature and hopefully I get the chance to participate in 2013 Taipei Fringe Festival.

Traveling is definitely on my 2013 diary, to visit Malaysia with Hsin-tien Women Chrous in April, to join the Toastmasters Spring Conference in Japan in May, and to visit Jiuzhaigou Valley in China in October.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...