2012/07/28

Grand’s First Officers Meeting--GCP 10

President May Hwang of Grand Toastmasters Club called for the first officers meeting at her office this morning, July 28th. I was eager to join the meeting. It isn't because I am a senior member, but because May used to be my colleague at Department of Health. She and I both graduated from Department of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical School.

To be honest, I didn't know May at school, because she was much younger. I didn't know May at work, either, because we belonged to different sections. But, I must salute May for her courage to shoulder the President's responsibilities at Grand at the last minute. I was impressed by her enthusiasm in learning the new trick and dedication in performing her job at her best. Being a responsible head, May started the annual planning the moment she accepted the challenge. And I'm obliged to pour my strength to add vitality and variety to make her Presidency memorable and forgettable.

Ten members were at the First Officers Meeting this morning, including President May Hwang, EVP Sharen Chen, Treasure Yolanda Wu, Secretary Victor Chu, IPP Gina Cheng, Area H1 Governor Yvan Chu, and senior members Jimmy Wu, Brian Wu, Billy Chen and me. May must have spent the entire yesterday evening preparing for the meeting. She wowed us by presenting her carefully organized annual plan and colorful handouts. She was like a CEO running her company. I'm sure Grand will be profitable in her hands in 2012-2013. In stead of her small bone structure, May has a big heart. I'm willing to follow her to see what she has to offer!

In order to quench the summer heat, I brought a bag of chilled Pink Ladies (preserved prunes) from Agrioz Garden in Yi-lan to the meeting. I was pleased to look at the smiles when Granders tasted the sweet and sour plums. Just about the right time, came the deliveryman with the best thin crust pizza from Little Trattoria May ordered. May was excited to see our eyes open wide and our mouths water with desire.

The first officers meeting was efficient and successful with a lot of exchanges of creative and crazy ideas among participants. May engineered a complehensive annual plan at the beginning of her term to win 10 points of GCP for Grand and for herself. The meeting was adjourned at 2PM.

May gave Gina 5 and me 2 movie coupons when she knew that Gina and I were movie fans! May has a lot of corporate fringe entertaining benefit she can't enjoy, because she has to work day and night. But Gina and I can take her place to have fun because we are free lancers at large!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...