2012/06/02

The Cooking Toastmasters--Chapter Four

In Galaxy, every member is a star! ~~Pamela Yang, President of Galaxy Toastmasters Club

Upon the invitation of Incoming President Pamela Yang of Galaxy Toastmasters Club, I made up my mind to overcome the intimidating imaginary distance between her place and mine. With an aim to give Pamela a pat on her shoulder, I traveled afar to give her my heartfelt wishes and my full support of her presidency with two beautiful pumpkins freshly picked from the family farm in Chia-yi. I was eager to share with Pamela my newly developed recipes of pumpkin pies, pumpkin spaghetti, and pumpkin rice noodles.

I took the MRT Green Line from Hsin-tien to Taipei Main Station, transferred to the MRT Blue Line to Nankang, got on Bus 211. After I got off Bus 212 at the terminal stop—Old Village, I walked along a creek to a huge high-rise apartment complex at the foot of the mountain hills. It was an auspicious location of good fengsui in Chinese thinking, river in front and mountain at the back. Before long, I could smell the homemade food at the gate, 100 meters away from Pamela's door. Moses, the better half of Pamela, was greeting the guests at the door. I was the first one to arrive!

The moment I walked into the kitchen, I saw two lady Toastmasters working diligently, one was none other than the beautiful hostess Pamela, the other was Toastmaster YiHsin Tsai, Past President of Galaxy Toastmasters Club. YiHsin was busy looking after her patella on the stove. It was super yummy at the first sight! My mouth was watering! It was well worth the long journey from Hsin-tien to Nankang. How was I glad that I made it!

When Pamela called everybody à la table, we saw a magician unveil a full table of colorful European dishes, including assorted green salads, Italian appetizers, Mexican Salsa Source, Quiche Lorraine, Paella, homemade bread, and homemade thirst-quenching Summer punch, roselle lemon tea. Good cuisine went along with three bottles of good wine, Mythique, Jacob's Creek, and Pinot Noir. A homemade blueberry cheese cake was served after lunch with two kinds of coffee, first blue, followed by red. It was simply a feast of arts for olfactory and palate senses of delight and satisfaction.

Around the table, there were seven incoming officers from Galaxy. We were touched when Pamela told us she took one day off work Friday to prepare the materials for the luncheon this afternoon. It was not only the exquisitely selected and prepared food from the nature, but also the hearts of the chefs who engineered the products on the table.

After lunch, Pamela chaired the officers' meeting, every officer was eager to bring new members to the club, every officer was eager to upgrade the club quality. Even thought we didn't have time to read the article "A Quality Club Experience--Members thrive in clubs with high standards" written by Lance Miller, DTM, in the Toastmaster Magazine May issue. I'm sure I would see many rising Toastmasters stars at the best Toastmasters club--Galaxy in the future.

It was eight months ago, I wrote the Cooking Toastmasters—Chapter Three, and I hope I could soon write another chapter of the cooking Toastmasters on my blog! Many thanks to Pamela for being the fourth cooking Toastmaster and I look forward to meeting up with many more cooking Toastmasters in District 67 and beyond in the near future.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...