2012/05/29

The Playback Theater "Let's Snuggle Together"

Toastmaster Piao came to the 7th Playback Theater workshop this morning. It's an open classroom for interested participants at the Wenshan PT last Saturday morning. It's also a stage for Wenshan PT members who missed the public performance last Saturday morning, May 26th.

At the PT "Let's snuggle together" this morning, I got a chance to serve as a teller to talk about my schizophrenic brother to share about the trust among sisters and brothers. It was an exciting experience sitting in the audience when the PT instructor used my story as a case study! I could learn the theater details when the instructor analyzed my story. It was encouraging! I was impressed by the PT instructor's coaching skills to catch the core of the story, to set up the scenario, to use the fabrics and chairs, and to playback the story on stage.

When another member volunteered to be a teller to talk about her new job struggle, I didn't hesitate to act on stage the three-sentence-story. As a new PT member, I still have a lot to learn, to catch the story, and to use the props. And I am determined to jump at every opportunity to act and to practice PT on stage. I shall go to 2012 TPG (Taiwan PT Gathering) in Huan-lien in August. And I plan to  participate in a 4-days PT workshop in Singapore in the near future.

The PT at Wenshan Woman and Family Service Center will come to end Tuesday morning, June 2nd, it will be resumed after the summer vacation! I shall sign up for another PT to continue honing my PT skills. The Playback Theater is certainly the best and strongest stepping stone for my new career in Theater. My ultimate goal is to organize a PT for seniors in my community, so that I can listen to and see many interesting and touching living stories!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...