2010/10/07

I'm Turing 55!

My heart was filled with excitements before I arrived at Grand this evening. I carried Grand's banner safely back from Shanghai. Being the first member to the meeting venue, more than 30 minutes in advance, I cherished a quiet moment putting on the make-up to celebrate my birthday with Granders two days in advance!

When the Tabletopics Master Carrie Chiang asked me if I believed things would happen in our dreams. Of couse, I did! It is actually a habit of mine to prepare for my dream before I go to bed every night. Taking learning a foreign language for instance, I would study the lesson for one or two hours before I call it a night. So that, in my dream, I can ruminate what I learn during the day. And I had had a dream about cutting a birthday cake in front of Grands the day before, my dream came true this evening. It was all about the will power.

During the intermission, Carrie brought a birthday cake to the lectern, President Erin Ke played 「Stand by Me」 by John Lennon on her laptop upon my request. John Lennon and I were born on the same date. John Lennon would turn 70 if he was still alive. When I asked members to hold hands together in a circle to sing along with John Lennon around the candle-lit cake, I was touched by the warm moment. After we sang 「Happy Birthday」 song, I blew the candle and made a wish in public. I wish I could celebrate my 60th birthday at Grand’s 40th anniversary party. Every member will be invited to have fun on me!

As a language evaluator, I enjoyed a feast of language courses this evening. Grand’s walking dictionary Victor Lee served Word of the Day. He spent ten minutes elaborating on the alphabet A from its origin to the usage of A in English language, such as birds of 「a」 feature, the tribe of 「A」mazon warriors. Joel Wright gave his 2nd manual speech in Mandarin about the advantage of being a polyglot. Tina evaluated Joel’s speech in Mandarin accordingly. The bilingual meeting at Grand became more stimulating and entertaining.

At the end of the first meeting in October, we posed together for a group photo with me holding the empty colorful box of birthday cake. Many thanks went to Carrie for preparing a delicious cake for us. Many thanks went to Granders standing by me on a wonderful and unforgettalbe evening. I shall be turning 55 Saturday, October 9th! I'm feeling high!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...