2008/09/15

Toastmaster Magazine Reading Gathering in September

It was the first time golden Ladies held the Toastmaster magazine reading gathering in the clogging classroom. It was the first time Virginia showed up at the clogging class, not to clog, but to savor the Ton-po Pork, the famous delicacy from Linda's hometown.

Immdiately after the Moon Festival, golden ladies were excited to have a pot-luck dinner party before the clogging class. Trini brought fruits, Sherry brought salad, Irene brought Bread, Kate brought Pancakes, Lydia brought red wine, and Virginai brought her superpower Canon camera, so that she wouldn't miss the sags and wrinkles aroung the beautiful eyes of golden ladies. Linda drove all the way from her sweet home in Chang-hwa this morning to deliver each golden lady a big bag of Ton-po Pork as the gift of Moon Festival.

It was the first time I had a severe cramp in my left leg at the clogging class. Just at the end of Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart", Step-Heel-Heel-Heel-Heel pause Jump, I was excited to jump as high as possible to give an impressive pose. Then I felt a sudden pain and saw the constriction of the muscle on my left calf. It hurt more than I could bear and I had to crawl on the floor for help. Kate came to my rescue by bending my left foot. I saw my calf recover and I could be on my feet again.

Was the leg cramp caused by menopause, or was it because of the excessive red wine I guzzled? Nobody knows. But I learned a lesson. I must accept the fact that I am a golden lady, no matter how young I would feel in my heart. I couldn't take too good care of my body.

After the clogging class, we went over five assigned articles by Lydia, including "Small Audiences" by Caren S. Neile, page 15; "How to Win Over Teenagers" by Pandora Scooter, Page 16; "Training Teens to Be Toastmasters" by Carolyn Kellams, page 22; "Protocol for Globe-Trotting Toastmasters" by Terri Morrison, page 24; and "A Disingenuous Discussion" by John Cadley, page 30. Being an English teacher at an elementary school, Trini shared with us her experiences helping with young kids. She was so proud to announce that she made three costumes for her students during the Moon Festival. She thought she was a genius and I was eager to see her works to give her a thumb up.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...