2008/09/21

Area H1 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests

A humorous person is made, not born. If I am committed to being a leader, there is no excuse not to commit myself to learning the tricks to tickle the funny bones of people. Laughter Is the Best Medicine. What could be more welcoming than a good laughter for family and friends, on many important occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries, even one-night stands?

I made up my mind to join every humorous contest in Toastmasters whenever possible from now on. It is the shortcut to become humorous in a fast way, in my opinion. After I won the in-house humorous contest at Grand early this month, I have been obsessed in discovering funny stories in everyday life. Heaven helps those who help themselves, I won Area H1 humorous contest this afternoon.

I must take the opportunity to thank toastmasters friends around the world for providing not only ideas, but also showering me with encouragement. Another fringe benefit of being a veteran toastmaster is that I know all the judges in public and in private at all levels from area, division to district. I know I must have received special favors from the judges regardless what the judging rules depict. If I win, I shall keep in mind the favors from the judges, If I don't win, I shall also keep in mind the disfavors from the judges.

Poor judges, it must be challenging to be impartial having veteran Toastmasters contestants. Poor junior contestants, it is challenging to protest against senior Toastmasters contestants. It is not about winning the humorous contests, it is about being a humorous person, my intention to join the humorous contest in the first place, and I shall keep in mind!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...