2008/04/07

Rule of Three

If I can take the initiative to launch a third reading group, I shall be able to cover each edition of Toastmaster magazine from cover to cover. Take the monthly March 2008 for example, we read three articles among Grand members last Sunday morning, the 6th. And golden ladies are going to read three articles this coming Friday evening, the 11th.

Yvan, Carrie and I had a great reading gathering over brunch Sunday. We studied three articles, 1. Remedy for a Lifeless Speech by Bill Hennefrund, Page 12; 2. How to Ask for Money by Katherine Wertheim, CTM, Page 19; and 3. From Hello to Goodbye by Sally Paige Kahle, Page 23. With a magnifier in hand, we talked about the good usage of the English language in Toastmasters and we discussed about the possibility to apply the remedy in our speeches. It was the first time I discovered the talent of Yvan, Grand's incumbent Secretary, to absorb the essence of all three articles. She even came up with three better topics for each article, simply amazing! Carrie, Grand's incumbent MVP, and I nodded our heads to echo with Yvan all the time. All three of us felt fulfilled to spend two precious hours on Sunday morning enriching our toastmasters vocabulary and fostering our team spirit at Grand.

The three articles Golden ladies are about to read are, 1. Speaking About the Unspeakable by Linda McGurke, Page 8; 2. A Primer of Political Words by Bill Hennefrund, Page 14; and 3. From Hello to Goodbye by Sally Paige Kahle, Page 23. I was very happy when I received Michelle's email announcing the reading gathering this Friday. Firstly, it has been a while since golden ladies had the last reading gathering in January. Secondly, two of three articles are different from the ones I chose for Grand's reading gathering. That means I can read more articles of Toastmaster Magazine in depth and I can make better use of the Toastmaster monthlies.

So what's on my mind now? Yes, it is to make my toastmaster membership fee worth every penny. Just think about a third reading group of toastmaster magazine in a row, we can cover the rest three articles, 1. Oscar Sound Bites: The Sour, the Sweet and the Salty by Patrick Mott, Page 24; 2. Recruiting via E-mail by Gwen Whipple, Page 28; and 3. At Microsoft, Toastmasters Clubs are PC by Paul Sterman, Page 16. In this way, I should be able to digest the March 2008 to the best of my ability. How wonderful it would be and how powerful I could be!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...