2008/02/15

Kitakyushu Toastmasters Club--The Speeches of 2008

Dear Rio and Tamiko Imamura,

This is to acknowledge the good receipt of six copies of Kitakyushu Toastmasters Club--the Speeches of 2008. I picked up the package from the main post office in Hsin-tien this morning. I was so happy that it had not been returned to you in Japan yet.

In fact, I didn't sleep tight last night because I misplaced the notice from the postman in my bag three weeks ago. I was not home when the package was delivered to me on the 24th of January. I received the notice, put it in my bag, and forgot all about it. I didn't find it till yesterday evening when I packed my kimono for my Japanese dance class this afternoon. But I was lucky to find the package in the warehouse of the main post office. On top of that, I had a chance to witness the complicated postal operations behind the scene this morning.

I read my copy from cover to cover as soon as I opened the package. It is good to learn to be thankful from the bottom of our heart from Kitakyushu Toastmasters Club President's Albert Moe's message. The target speech "Negotiations" by Koichi Sata reminded me of the happy time at Division E Evaluation Contest in Fukuoka last October. When I read "How We Can Live in Pleasure" by Fukuoka Toastmasters Club President Kazue Fujino, I was touched. I was a fan of Ayako Miura when I was in high school. And I read "Hyoten" again after I visited Asahikawa last November. Melody's article about Jade Mountain was humorous and entertaining. Like her, I almost made it to the top of Jade Mountain, but I gave up at the last minute, less than 100 meters from the peak. Dr. Kobayashi's article about Alisan is inspiring and informative. I love his artistic illustrations a lot. The special feature forum from down about "Shirley Club" was simply amazing.

Upon request, I shall deliver the rest five copies to George Yen, Jack Tsai, Marian Hsiao, James Lin and Luna Chiang as soon as possible. And I shall give my personal copy to Melody when I see her. Thank you so much for thinking of us--your Toastmasters friends at District 67 in Taiwan.

Happy Lantern Festival,
Sherry

1 comment:

rio said...

Sherry, your "Clogger" blog gave me an immeasurable joy! Thank you very much.

Customarily, our speeches of the year come later in the year, around Christmas time. This year came in January.
Why so soon!

The background story is that President Moe's speech was from our 2007 Christmas party and Rob Duncan's message from Hanoi came around 2007 Christmas Eve.

Two targetspeeches as you called were both demo speeches for 07 Kyushu Toastmasters Evaluation Contests, one in Fukuoka and the other in Kumamoto.

The Shirley's Club materials from down under were sent me almost a year ago. I wanted to recompense Shirely for
her efforts of collecting them all.

It's also timely that I received Dr. Kobayashi's lovely sketches of his Alishan travel. All in all, I was lucky
and ready to tackle my editing job.

My joy doubled with Luna Chiang's introduction of the 10th Anniversary Ceremony of Pacifc and Peace clubs and Delegate Inatsugi's interview on D67 blog and her reference to my name
and Kitakyushu Toastmasters.

rio

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...