2007/04/13

Luncheon of Laughter

Dear Golden Beauties,

Are you ready for April's reading gathering this Saturday afternoon, the 14th? I am happy that it is the first time we extend our reading activity to a fellow Toastmaster's house. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Jo Shih, the Incumbent President of China Toastmasters Club for her kind invitation of a wonderful luncheon at her house.

Three assigned articles are "Getting Comfy with Comedy, It's fun to be funny" by Lisa Mulcahy, "Sweating Out, Stand-up, There is no substitute for the stage time" by Patrick Mott, "How to Add Humor to Any Speech" by Joe Cooke, ACB. May I suggest each beauty prepare one or two jokes to make our luncheon full of laughter? There is a saying, "no matter how many tennis books we read, we need to put on the tennis shoes to play on the court to become pros."

Just in case, you still have extra time, I urge you to read one more article, "Moving from Toxic to Nourishing Humor" by Dr. Joel Goodman. In my opinion, it's a well written--the best--article in March issue. Dr. Goodman applies many rules of three in his article. Just by reading the first, second, and third paragraphs, you will know what I mean.

In the First Paragraph, "...(1) to tell the difference between constructive and destructive humor, (2) between humor that helps and humor that hurts, (3) between laughing with others and laughter at others...";

In the Second Paragraph, "(1)Humor... can build up or cut down,...(2) maximize the positive and to minimize the negative impacts of humor....(3) humor that works for you and humor that works against you...";

In the third paragraph, of course, the know-how of three steps. Sherry

3 comments:

Exploring Delights and Wonders in Life said...

Dear Sherry,

You always think and act ahead of us. With your forethought,
I believe we will have a more fruitful gathering tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Dear Trini,

It takes a lot of time and effort to activate and maintain our blog, in return, I benefit the most from it. And I must thank you for your full support to make our blog an active one.

I suppose you can donate an article about the fruits you choose for Jo's Luncheon after our reading gathering tomorrow afternoon.

Talking about fruits, I have a lot to learn from you. I know your secret weapon to keep a pretty and impeccable face by uptaking a huge amount of fruits everyday.

I need to follow your steps to convert my appetite from cakes to fruits. Hopefully, action speaks louder, and I can have a bright and shining face like yours. I look forward to savoring the fruits your prepare for us.

Exploring Delights and Wonders in Life said...

Dear Sherry,

I would love to share my thoughts
about fruit right after our gathering. Actually I love cake
and pastries more than anyone else.
Yet I keep reminding myself I need
healthy food like fruit after taking so much junk food.

See you tomorrow!
Trini

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...