2007/04/15

It Serves Every Purpose If You Name That Song

Another article Sherry urged us to read during yesterday's Group Reading for the theme of the Month "Humor" is "You Can't Go Wrong If You Name That Song." How true it is! A good song can be like a poem, but it has something more than a poem. It's not only skillfully written, and well versed, but also beautifully composed both in lyrics and melody. When we mention the name of the song to fill up a sentence, or to quote it as a metaphor, we get smiles, laughter and resonance back immediately. It's like magic.

Hence, its not unusual that many people often use the name of songs, to express their ideas or believes, especially among Toastmasters. Because a song can say a thousand words and it says through a beautiful melody, and because it helps others keep what he or she says in their memory long or forever, too.

This article reminded me of a speech I have been dreaming of doing it for many years, yet hasn't done due to the big task that involves lots of research. In order to turn a possible regret into a sweet "Memory", I made a promise in front of my golden girls that I am going to have it done before next spring.

Lastly I would like to conclude as a warm-up of my dream speech:

Following Sherry's "Bugle Call", we gathered at Jo's house and had a big reading fest there. The cuisine Jo prepared for us included a dish of "Jambalaya." When taking pictures, I said to all the girls that I wished to have "Eyes Like Yours." Everyone gave me their "Sweet, Sweet Smiles." The gathering ended after we rehearsed the last two dances. Sherry said, "have "Faith"", "with those colorful dangling dazzling belly dance costumes on us we will enjoy "Soldier's Joy" to kill the audience". Trini

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...