2015/01/29

Bon Voyage to Toastmaster Erik Lahdekorpi

Toastmaster Charles Teng, Immediate Past President of MOFA Toastmasters Club, and I held a small farewell party for Toastmaster Erik Lahdekorpi at MOFA Cafe' Thursday noon, January 29th. Erik will leave Taiwan for a couple of months to pursue new opportunities in the US.

Erik was waiting for me when I arrived at MOFA Cafe's with his NT1,000 dollars with me from two weeks ago. Even it was a farewell party for two, I enjoyed listenting to Erik's past adventures in Taiwan and abroad. Erik told me how he achieved being the No. 1 soical group in Taiwan on Couchsurfing before it was liquidated in 2011. His group reached more than 1,500 people. He now operates Taipei Language Cafe at Meetup for people to practice different languages and to have fun!


Charles Teng joined us at 1:30. Three of us shared ideas about the prospectives of Toastmasters clubs in Taiwan. We talked about Taiwan and world politics for 30 minutes. We took a group photo at the entrance of MOFA with Erik holding an apple in hand. Erik has many clients in various industry sectors, Google, Microsoft, Asus, Acer. He wishes to have a client at Apple on his list. And Charles and I wish him the best luck in 2015!

 I joined Meetup more than 10 years ago to find cloggers, but I didn't create events actively. I thought I could make a change from now on. I created my first event on facebook for golden ladies Toastmasters slumber party at Duckstay at the end of January! I also encouraged Grand Toastmasters Club to follow TGIF's to make each regular meeting an event on Facebook, and to create an image to match the meeting theme. Hopefully, we can build an effective social network for people who are interested in communication and leadership skills in Toastmasters.
 

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...