2014/04/16

Area Visit Report of Club 00001447

Grand Toastmasters Club is my home club. After I was installed as Area H1 Governor from the first of July, I attended Grand’s meetings regularly, and I was glad that I contributed one DCP point as ACS.

I joined Grand in 1986. There were not many toastmasters clubs back then. I became President in 1993 when I was the Secretary General of Taiwan Pharmaceutical Industry Association where club meetings were held for two and half years.

Grand Toastmasters was established in 1975. It will celebrate the 40th anniversary next year. Being the 4th Toastmasters in District 67, there are quite a few senior members in Grand. The young and the old get along to achieve DCP 8 points before the end of March.

Senior members attend club meetings regularly. Junior members are eager to achieve their individual educational goals. Grand has a right size of membership so that every member has the opportunity to take a role in the club meeting. However, senior members should be encouraged to achieve educational goals as well.

At Grand, new members are well taken care of by club officers. New members feel at home and take assignments timely! Grand is like a family to all members, both young and old. Club meetings are enjoyable, including warm-up joke session, creative tabletopics session, prepared speeches session, evaluation session. Members are supportive of one another inside and outside club meetings.

Members participate outside of club meetings actively. Eight members from Grand participated in District 67 Spring Conference 2014 by performing Lion Dance at the opening ceremony!

Spring Into the World


This is the 31st advanced speech to be delivered at Grand Toastmasters Club this evening, April 16. It's The Entertaining Speech, the Series on The Entertaining Speaker.

Opening
I love show business. I love to be in the spotlight on stage. I love to surprise the audience. Laughter and tears are my rewards.
Body
Since young, I love singing and dancing. I'm still attending singing and dancing classes now. In addition, I learn drumming and Taiwanese opera. I belong to several performing groups. We visit nursing homes on regular basis to cheer up the elderly and to hone our performing skills.

Year 2014 is special. Toastmasters are celebrating 90th anniversary since the establishment of the world's largest non profit education organization by Dr. Ralph C. Smedley in 1924. When I was invited to take charge of the opening ceremony of Spring Conference 2014, I jumped at the chance to bring Chinese culture on stage, suona, beiguan, drum & gong, lion dance. Yes, at District 67 Spring Conference 2014, we sprung into the world with treasures and assets from our ancestors with a huge success!

To see is to believe. Now open your eyes and ears. I give you the lion dance from Grand Toastmasters Club.

Three minutes Lion Dance Performance.

 Even though most lion dance team members were first timers performers of lion dance, we did our very best to present a holy and ritual opening of spring conference to bring fortune to all participants. Area H3 Governor Christine Liu's younger daughter was so excited that she made the highest jump ever as the lead small lion. For Granders, we developed teamwork and built solidarity among us by springing into the world together.

Conclusion
I'd like to take the opportunity to show my deepest appreciation to lion dance team members for their trust in me and for their enthusiasm in learning a new skill. Everybody was so cooperative, we rehearsed till the last minute. It was a great achievement for me to make the lion dance happen at District 67 Spring Conference 2014. Last but not lease, we created a lion dance team in District 67.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...