2013/10/12

A Contest Master--Joint Area H1& H2 Humorous Speech & Evalution Contests

Many thanks to three Huangs, Area H2 Governor Kendrick Huang, Area H2 Assistant Governor Alex Huang, and Division H Governor Lawrence Huang for an entertaining and educational Saturday afternoon, October 12th. At noon, Kendrick and I met at Starbucks Cafe' near Mackay Hospital to discuss about the contest proceedings, including opening and conclusion of the contest for an hour.

After a quick lunch rendezvous, we walked to the Lecture Hall on the 15th floor at 1PM. To my surprise, I saw the contest chief judge Toastmaster Ron Chen sitting alone waiting for us. As the contest master, I was happy to be able to go over our  responsibilities with Ron to make the joint Area H1 & H2 contest successful! Chief Judge Ron was responsible to brief the judging criteria and the protest. I announced the contestants order, speaking area, and timing rules.

Area H2 Governor Kendrick Huang must be very popular in Toastmasters. He was successful in recruiting NINE judges to the joint Area H1& H2 Humorous Speech & Evaluation Contests. It was without doubt that Kendrick and Alex spend a lot of time and put a great amount of efforts to make the joint contest enjoyable and fair for contestants and the audience.

As much as I love to join humorous speech contest to hone my sense of humor, I'm not entitled to participate in any speech contest in 2013-2014 as a Toastmaster District Officer. Fortunately, Toastmaster Jennie Chen from Grand Toastmasters Club came to me for advises. Was I happy to I help her with the speech contents, deliveries! When I saw Jennie deliver her speech "Blind Dates or Not"on stage, I experienced another dimension of speech contest and I felt good for Jennie and for myself. Even both contestants Jenny Chen and Simon Hsieh from Grand didn't place, but they gained valuable experiences for their future performances on stage. MOFA claimed all humorous speech and evaluation trophies. President Charles was proud to announce, "At MOFA, we don't cultivate speakers, we attract speakers". 

Millions of thanks to Kendrick and Alex for organizing the contest and making a lot of laughter as single and available gentlemen at the match making episode with two single and available Jennies, Toastmasters Jenny Chen from Grand and Toastmaster Jenny Tzeng from MOFA during 5 minutes preparation time for evaluation contestants. The target speaker and the audience enjoyed a happy break before the evaluation contest reconvened!

At the end of the contest, Division H Governor Lawrence announced the Division H humorous speech and evaluation contest at Tatung University Sunday afternoon, October 27th, followed by Division H New Members Orientation and Costume Party at Mackay Hospital in the evening. I was happy to know that Lawrence and I were born on the same month, the same day, but different years, two decades apart. Hooray, two libras are on the way to make Division H a president's distinguished division in 2013-1014.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...