2013/07/18

The Final Curtain Call

I didn't know much about Hugh Lee! I didn't see any of his theatrical works on stage when he was alive. I was touched when I read about his philosophy about theater and life from the news after he passed away early Tuesday morning, July 2nd. Hugh talked about three elements in life, i.e., imagination, humor, and love. I took interest in knowing more about him.

I signed up for his funeral service on the internet because I was curious about the unprecedented funeral of its own kind. After I arrived at the funeral venue at the Flower Expo, I passed the security check, I found my seat (row 14, number 70).right before the sound track equipment. It was a seat of a panoramic view. On the windy morning, I saw huge posters of Hugh Lee flying in the air. Yes, he was with us.

The Final Curtain Call Memorial Service of Taiwan troupe founder Hugh Lee took place at ten o'clock at Flower EXPO Hall this morning, July 18th. It was full of laughter and tears. The memorial service started with President Ma Ying-jeou's commendation award, followed by three videos of Hugh Lee legendary life and farewell speeches of Hugh's wife, daughter and son on the stage. Nearly 3,000 people participated in the farewell gathering, I was one of them. Even I couldn't stay till the end as I needed to rush to MOFA Toastmasters club meeting at 12 noon.

I was so happy that I made it to say goodbye to Taiwanese Theater Master Hugh Lee at the last minute. I shall see his master piece Can Three Make It? with my lady Toastmasters on Chinese Valentine's day, Tuesday evening, August 13th. Better late than never!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...