2013/07/17

The Biggest Super Lotto in Taiwan History

Toastmaster Gavin Chen was the first-timer Tabletopics Master at Grand TMC Meeting Wednesday evening, July 17th. He prepared five up-to-date Tabletopics questions for Helen, Billy, Yoland, sharen and me. And I won the best Tabletopics speaker award!

I was so thrilled when Gavin called upon me to answer the last question,what if I won the super lotto of 23.6 billion NT dollars*, what I would do! It was not the first time I answered the kind of question, it became easier one time after another.

With a big smile on my face, firstly, I invite members and guests at the Grand's meeting to travel around the world. A joy shared is a joy doubled. Then I set up a fund to help those in need. In stead of giving money away, I lend the money to those who has a business proposal in mind. I follow the Microfinance strategy proposed by Nobel Laureate Muhummad Yunus**. Last but not least, I reserve one third of the fortune for the Toastmasters International founded by Dr. Ralph Smedley.

After I got home, I saw a movie "It Could Happen to You (1994)",  about a police officer (Nicolas Cage) who promises to share his lottery ticket with a waitress (Bridget Fonda) in lieu of a tip. I was impressed by the good Samaritan police officer and I was happy for his fortune in love.

PS:
* The sole winner of the super lotto walked away with 19 billion dollars net after tax Friday evening, July 19th. The lucky number is 1, 2, 6, 12, 30, 36, the 2nd area number is 3. I am curious about the story of "It Could Happen to Him or Her"!
** Toastmaster LJ Lamb supplied me with The Myths Behind Microfinance, recent revelations about Muhummad Yunus in the alleged misuse of $100 million by the Grameen Banks.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...