2013/06/23

What Gets Measured Gets Done

Time Wasted is Existence. Time Used is Life. ~Edward Young

Hooray, I'm one step closer to become a DTM! Many thanks to Division H Governor Lawrence Huang for inviting me to be his Area H1 Governor and giving me the challenging role in district leadership.

To my surprise, I received an email from Lawrence after Grand TMC's last regular meeting 2012-2013, Wednesday evening, June 19th, asking me to join his Division H team and to shoulder responsibilities of Area H1: for Grand and for MOFA, and to start a new club in Area H1.

Lawrence has a Toastmasters road map in hands. He wants not only to cultivate his own leadership skills but also to be in a position to discover, nurture, and foster new leaders with values of integrity, honesty, and strength. These leaders can speak eloquently from their hearts in intelligent pursuit of the best interest of those around them. Lawrence thinks of possibilities to pursue and options to expand in Area H1.

First and foremost is to expand membership for MOFA and Grand. At MOFA, there are lots of good people and strong talents that deserve to be publicized. MOFA plans to go into colleges to look for new members who major in international relations, diplomacy, to enhance the membership. College and graduate students will meet Taiwanese diplomats, like a mini-internship.

Lawrence plans to create a stronger Division H identity by strengthening inter-club and inter-area relationships. In this network, we connect anyone or everyone to make friends with one another. Through personal networks and information channels, division leaders gain more membership that strengthens the foundation of the Division.

I attended 2013-2014 District Officers Training from 10am till 2pm at Star Era Banquet Hall in Taichung, Sunday, June 23rd. As I was probably the last district officer to join the team, my name was not printed on District Offers Roster 2013-2014. I saw many DTMs, ACSs, ALSs, CCs, CLs, mine is still ATM-B which I achieved on the 4th of April 2001. Obviously, I'm a decade behind my fellow Toastmasters. I'm desperate to speed up to catch up urgently!

The Area Governor package includes a congratulation letter from Kristen Rolapp, District Services Manger, two handbooks (District Recognition Program and District Leadership Handbook—A Guide to Effective District Management), and Speech Contest Rulebook 2013. In addition to reports to Toastmasters members, I can get access to reports exclusive to district officers. I'm feeling excited to run my share of the  world biggest non-profit educational organization.

Now, I look forward to an exciting year to work with Toastmasters members in Area H1 and to work with Division H Governor Lawrence Huang to make Division H the best division in District 67.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...