2013/06/22

AFA's Fourth Cooking Class

I'm a follower of Anatolia Formosa Association (AFA)'s events. I want to know more about Turkey! Why?

It began with a cup of Turkish coffee at AFA on the first Saturday in January 2013 with the invitation of Toastmasters LJ Lamb, followed by a scrumptious Turkish breakfast in on the third Sunday in January. Ever since, I've read books about Turkey. I've watch films about Turkey. And it's the third time I visited AFA today, Saturday, June 22, to learn "Lahmacun" so called Turkish Pizza and yogurt drink "Ayran" with young and pretty Toastmaster Kelly Hsu.

There are reasons why I love to visit AFA. Among them, I think to be with the sweet Turkish women is the main reason. Whenever I am at AFA, I feel warmly surrounded by friendly Turkish ladies with sweet smiles on their faces. I feel at home instantly. Not to mention, the free Turkish Food and drinks at AFA on the 21st floor overlooking the beautiful Taipei!

I don't have any Turkish gentlemen friends. I assume Turkish men are handsome. Take a recent breaking news for instance. Yamur Kursat Ersagun, a Turkish student at Tamkang University, claims he has had hundreds of affairs with Taiwanese ladies since he came to Taiwan five years ago. Ersagun's case brought up a heated table topic about the Cross Cultural Romance (CCR) in Taiwan .

At AFA, there was not a Turkish gentlemen Saturday afternoon. It was a full house of young people interested in Turkish culture, Turkish food and drinks. Lahmacuns are easy to make and are super delicious. Every participant was given a chance to work with the dough and to make a piece of lahmacun. We all enjoyed AFA's 4th cooking class. Now, I can't wait to give a lahmacun party for Toastmasters friends in the near future.

Lahmacun Recipe Yield: 10-12 Lahmacuns Prep. time and baking duration: about 2 hours

Ingredients for the dough:
1 tsp dry active yeast
0,5 tsp sugar
1+1/2 cup of warm water
4,5 cups of flour
little oil to brush the dough

Ingredients for the topping:
12 oz of minced beef
1 big onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp of butter
1 medium tomato
1 tsp of chili pepper
salt according to your own taste

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...