2009/12/13

Ballroom Dance Party

Toastmaster Lydia Lin invited me to a ballroom dance party to support her dear ballroom dancer friend Lillian Wu, Sunday evening, December 13th. The moment I walked into the huge dancing hall, all my nerves were tickled at once. My eyes were wide open to all dancers on their best shoes waiting at the rim of the dancing floor. It was like every couple of dancers were eager to claim the trophy of championship on the arena in the most elegant or passionate way. I felt like an ancient Roman observer full of excitements to see the gladiators at the Colosseum.

It was the first time I realized that there was no better way to explain the better half than the dancing partner on the floor. Be it Modern or Latin ballroom dance, every dancer exerts the best effort to dance to the music, with his or her partner. They see none other than the better half in their own eyes.

What a joyful and successful evening we had, even though all kinds of small accidents happened on the floor, such as eyelashes, earrings, head decorations of female dancers flew out of the rim. Fortunately no couple bumped into each other and fell off on the ground. All male dancers were excellent leading partners with an extra of cautious eyes on their back.

I put on eyelashes of spider web designed by Shu Uemura, but mine felt dwarfed comparing with the fashionable and exaggerating ones worn by ballroom dancers. Being an aficionado of eyelashes with a huge stock of eyelashes, I shall put on the most shining ones garnished with diamonds for my next ballroom dance party!

Lillian Wu danced gracefully on the dancing floor. Her smiles beamed with joy when she waltzed in the arms of her partner. I adored her joyful spirit and feminine feature very much. Will I glide into the dancing floor one day? Well, it only depends upon my better half if he is willing to hold me in his arms to waltz, to tango, to chacha. I am ready anytime to join Lillian Wu and Lydia Lin to mingle among the beautiful and graceful ballroom dance couples on the floor.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...