2009/10/21

Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

"What a relief," every chorus member sighed at last after we reached the conclusion NOT to perform at District 67 Fall Conference 2009 Dinner Party. I don't know about the rest of the chorus members, I personally have been torn between the two, to perform or not to perform, ever since the first choral lesson of D67 Toastmasters Chorus in the middle of September!

It all started out with a wishful thinking we could ride on a fast tract to bring together music lovers in Toastmasters and to excel on stage at the opening ceremony of D67 Fall Conference 2009. But, things just didn't turn out the way we wanted. We were not given a chance to perform at the closing ceremony, either. Dinner party was the only option we were offered, to perform at the noisy dining hall of Yangmingshan Chungsan Building.

It was the fifth choral lesson this evening. Every member sang with joy, no more suspending chorus performance, no more rushing from amateur singers to professionals, no more invited singers to back us up on stage. We can be ourselves. Every member can sing for fun! Conductor Hung even cheers up with promising us a singing and dancing lesson of Mamma Mia in the future.

Soprano: Jorie Wu, Linda Tseng, Green Chen
Alto: Marian Hsiao, Maggie Chiu, Lydia Lin, Sherry Li
Tenor: Erick Suen, Ron Chen, Kuo-hwa Yeh
Bass: George Yen


Every cloud has a silver lining. The initiative of organizing D67 Toastmasters Chours is rewarding. Even we don't perform at the dinner party, we learn to sing in harmony together. We become friends beyond our home clubs. Take myself for example, were it not for the D67 Toastmasters Chorus, I wouldn't have started my piano lesson. I wouldn't have explored the world of music to add another dimension to my life.

I didn't know CDEFGAB last month, now I know how to put alphabets on and between the lines, EGBDF & FACE. I know the cycle of fifth or fourth, a cycle full of sharps and flats. I know how FCGDAEB & BEADGCF work. I have a new hobby to caress 88 keys on a grand piano whenever I have a chance. What else could I have expected more?

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...