2008/03/09

Live Happily Ever After

Dear Golden Ladies, March 9, 2008

I just sent you a handmade postcard at Hon Hachinohe train station. I am on my way to Hakodate this morning. Hopefully I can make it all the way to Kushiro before the sunset. It's going to be a long way!

Athena and I flew from Taipei to Tokyo Friday morning to attend Maiko Nomura, our mutual friend's wedding party in Hachinohe Saturday. Athena took the opportunity to bring her son Sean along. Sean came to Japan for the first time. He fell in love with Japan at the first sight, and decided to pursue his graduate studies in Japan after university.

Upon Maiko's request, Athena delivered a congratulatory message in Mandarin as the guest of honor from the bride at the wedding party at noon, I translated her message into Japanese. As I wore a Kimono to the party, nobody could tell if I was a foreigner until I opened my mouth and spoke Japanese in front of 350 people. It has been an awesome experience in my life.

Before the wedding party, we attended the wedding ceremony at a shrine in the morning with relatives of the bride and groom. At the end of the holy ceremony, we drank sweet wine on a small disc to wish the happy union of the couple. After the wedding party, we continued the second (Afternoon) party from three till six, third (Karaoke) party from six till nine. It has been the longest wedding day we had ever experienced. It was indeed enjoyable and unforgettable for party animals like Athena and me.

Now I know whey men love to marry Japanese wives. They are invincible to have all the stamina to stay cool and wear smiles all the time at the parties, on top of that, just calculate the cash flow of the banquet (18,000 Yen per person) and party (3,000 Yen per person), it won't be hard to imagine the load of paperwork beforehand.

Maiko is a capable woman. Athena and I made acquaintance with her when she was a teacher at Japanese school in Tien-mu five years ago. Being an energetic and enthusiastic person about life, Maiko studied Mandarin diligently during her stay in Taipei for three years. She learned many dance steps with Athena. That's how we met each other at a Salsa class at Athena's place. How about we ask Athena to coach us a few Latin dance steps, maybe we can perform together at District 67 Spring Convention in April, what do you say?

With love,
Sherry

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...