2008/03/03

Establishing Speech

I had no reason to get upset. Golden ladies just completed a fantastic street show in Tien-mu Sunday afternoon. We were so excited that we received recognition from the passers-by and we decided to have a small party to celebrate the success of our first street show and to plan our next performance at D67 Spring Convention in April. We walked across the street arm-in-arm with laughter to McCafe.

It was a sunny Sunday afternoon. The McCafe was packed with coffee drinkers, young and old alike. It was hard to find a table for five, but I wouldn't give up unless I tried. I approached two ladies sitting at a big table for four next to an empty table for two. I asked one lady if the seats were taken. To my astonishment, she responded me at once in a provocative tone, "there were four of us, but two went to sit outside!" She squinted at Lydia and me without even moving her body as if we were her Ex's new lovers.

Being a toastmaster for more than 20 years, I should have been able to handle the hostile situation more skillfully. I should have apologized for my intrusion to disturb her peaceful and relaxing afternoon. I should have been able to persuade her into giving up her seats to five long-legged sexy golden ladies. Why did I leave them alone in the coffeehouse immediately? I should have taken the opportunity to convert the ladies of hostility into toastmasters.

Chinese value the spirit of humanity by three immortal acts, establishing virtue, establishing merit, and establishing speech. I don't know if I can establish any virtues or merits, but I would certainly like to contribute my humble share to etablishing small speech. I wish I could hone my skills to say touching words to people, I wish I could utter words sweeter than honey from my mouth.

Today is the girls' festival in Japan. It's the day to pray for girls' happiness and health. If I had a daughter, I would wish her a smiling face, a beautiful voice, and a warming heart. No matter what happens, she always keeps in mind to say sweet words to others.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...