2012/10/21

Audio-visual Laboratory in Toastmasters

It was after I listened to "Writing "the lyrical": Historical Imprints in Shake-xique" presented by Professor Fan Chen of National Normal Universirty at the 2012 NTU International Theater Conference Sunday morning, October 21st, I was prompted to add "the lyrical" in my humorous speech "Miss Beauty of Age".

I'm excited to witness the aesthetic effect of the acoustic and ocular luxury of my humorous speech rewrite with the lyrical upon the audience at Division H Humorous Speech Contest at MacKay Hospital New Building 15F Auditorium, Saturday evening, October 27th.

In Act I "Loss of Memory", I shall sing a verse of "Memory" of Musical Cats with high pitch head resonance, "Memory, all alone in the moonlight ". In Act II "Loss of Sight", I shall sing a verse of "Amazing Grace" with low pitch chest resonance, "Was blind, but now I see". In Act III, I shall blow a verse of Frank Sinatra's "My Way" with a kazoo, "I did it my way". It'll be a breakthrough for me to challenge my oral communication skills in exaggerating the emotions and feelings with the lyrical variety.

Year 2012 is a fruitful theatrical year for me. I joined the Tellus Theater in March, the Playback theater in April, the Red Room Radio Redux in May, the 5th Taipei Fringe Festival in September. When I sat in the audience at the 2012 NTU International Theater Conference this morning, I was so contented that I understood the language of the speakers and I became an enthusiastic practitioner in the field of theater.

What I have in mind for my future speeches in Toastmasters, I'm tempted to include Sonnets, Rap and Rag, or any given lyrical forms to increase the theatrical excitements in my speech performance. It's a triumph to make people happy in an audio-visual laboratory in Toastmasters.

2 comments:

Shuchen said...

Sounds exciting, Sherry! Can't wait to see how you put everything together in your speeches! :)

Sherry Li 李向慈 said...

I'm feeling excited to experiment the humor effect of the lyrical! Victory or death!

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...