2011/05/22

Trini’s House Warming Party

At last, Trini announced her house warming party after three months interior decoration. Every golden lady was eager to see her brand new love nest. I was the first one to arrive at 11 o'clock Saturay, May 21st. While waiting for Trini to pick up Irene, I took it easy to powerder myself at the lobby. Then three of us walked to Building H through the central park in the middle of the apartment complex.

Right before we got on the elevator to Trini's warm house on the 7th floor, Irene received a long distance call from Michelle at the Ho Chi Minh Airport in Vietnam. Michelle was excited to get on the airplane on the waiting list to fly back to Taiwan to join the house warming party for the merrily chirping Trini.

Pamela joined us while we were still waiting for the elevator. No sooner than later Trini opened the door, I made a thorough inspection of her exquisite and cozy world full of books and furnitures. From the bedroom, the study room, the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, it was like a grand tour of a gigantic lego house.

Upon Trini's suggestions, I tried her state-of-the-arts toilette, with all fascinating functions. If I could have one like hers one day, I would spend all day long writing blogs sitting on the most pragamatic utility designed for human pleasure. After playing with all the bottoms on the wall in the avant-garde rest room, I joined Pamela and Irene to snuggle on the soft leather sofa wataching TV in the living room while Trini was busy in the kitchen. Ding Dong, the bell rang, there walked in Linda and Lydia.

Trini prepared a full table of food and drinks single-handed, stewed pig foot (紅燒豬腳), steamed sweet yam pork (粉蒸肉), homemade pickles. Pamela bought a bunch of traditional Chinese breads (蔥燒餅、蟹黃酥). With so many mouth-watering dishes in front of my eyes, I couldn't help but putting aside my ambitious diet plan to lose 5 kilograms I gained during the Regensburger Domspatzen Concert Tour in Taiwan, from April 28th till May 10th.

Time flies during the happy hours, eating, drinking, laughing, among golden ladies Toastmasters. In the middle of the noisy golden luncheon, Trini received a phone call from the creation center that the Karaoke room was ready for our disposable.

Three karaoke rooms at the big recreation center on the basement were fully booked. We were assigned to KTV-2 from 1PM to 5PM. After a couple of warm-up songs, I decided to take a recess reading my book in the hall, drinking my coffee latte for the afternoon. The karaoke room was freezing cold! I must take care of my vocal cord before I go to the recording studio with Hsin-tien Women Chorus Friday afternoon, June 3rd.

Linda and I had wedding parties to attend separately. We left before Michelle showed up. After the wedding party at Grace Hill, I returned to Trini's warm house late in the evening to see all golden ladies wait for me to come back for the slumber party overnight, to my surprise.

Pamela and I stayed to spend the night with Trini. While I showed Pamela how to wrok with the self-timer of her Sony, Pamela remembered the Smile Shutter function of her Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T200. Three of us in bed, partial nudity in purple PJ covered with purple velvet blanket, fell down laughing with exuberance in front of the Sony, waited for the camera to snap automatic pictures of us. We tried smile level settings from low, medium, to high, we worked out our smiles from grins, smirks, to guffaws. It was a joyful joke session without even having to tell jokes. We cracked many grins before we retired for the day, feeling exhausted exercising our facial muscles.

Sunday morning, three of us put on different hats for a group photo, me with a purple wide brim dressy hat, Trini with a fancy cowboy hat, Pamela with a white Yankee's baseball cap, before Pamela left for the brunch with her family at 9. I stayed to watch two films with Trini, The Hoax (2006) and Whatever Works (2009). When Trini proceeded to watch the third film, I said no more, despite the comfort of her living room. I proposed we took a break to see the real life of the world. We ventured to the old Sheng-keng town jammed packed with the tourists from China on Sunday afternoons. I got a Tamale for my husband before I got on bus 819 to get home.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...